Double pane vinyl windows are now days mostly used as building material for construction. These windows are one of finest innovations in modern-day materials which are used in constructions due to its durability, ease of use, energy efficiency, and great look. If you fit these windows at your home, you can save a lot of money and energy on the conventional heating and air conditioning solutions, hence it’s an eco-friendly option to consider. Though they are a bit trickier to install and if there is some maintenance needed in them like a shattered glass of broken parts then you cannot fix them on your own. You have to call an expert vinyl double pane window installation person to fix it which at times can be a bit expensive affair. Let’s see the procedure for window glass replacement.
Process of Replacing Glass Double Pane Window
- First, remove the window from wall frame. Once done then slide in a knife between the edges and the frame. The knife should be a thin bladed putty knife. Make sure that stops are not damaged else you would not be able to replace.
- Now take the window frame and turn it over to the adhesive tape holding side, use your knife to cut the tape, then carefully slide it between glass and tape then crack the adhesive holding the window with the frame.
- Once the frame is separated use your knife again to clean the entire extract adhesive from the frame.
- Now take the new adhesive tape and cut it down as per measurement to lay them between the window frames.
- Bring in the glass and put it between the window frames, this adhesive is a two-sided tape so take great precaution while using the adhesive and positioning the glass.
- If they both get attached on the wrong place, there is no way you can move them apart as the adhesive is a strong substance. So you have to be correct the first time you do it.
- Now it’s time for the window stops, affix them in their position by pressing them into their original place within the window frame.
- Now the last step is just to bring the window which is repaired to the right position inside the opening of the window and lock it down. You are done with the window glass replacement.
Reason to Choose Vinyl Window
Since these windows have two panes of glasses and there is a space between these glasses air is trapped inside these two panes. During winter, the cold air is trapped, and in the hot summer air, an obstacle of air is created in respective weather creating an insulated wall which blocks any heat exchange with outside world and home causing a stable temperature inside. One can see the difference soon as the usage of air conditioner or heater will be down. One can opt for aluminium version of these windows as well over vinyl ones for cost factors but if you are looking for a high-quality product then vinyl is your option. Vinyl windows are more resistant to cracks, scratches, and taint. From the design point of view also vinyl windows are more attractive, you can get a different type of finishes which are on offer in vinyl window frames.
Vinyl windows are corrosion and rust free; they do not get faded with time, one will see very less condensation on vinyl windows in comparison to aluminum ones. It also has a better noise reduction than its aluminum counterparts. Overall one can say that Vinyl Double Pane Windows are one of the most cost-effective solutions available in the market with easy replacement options.