Yes, you watched all these do-it-yourself videos on YouTube and read those articles, and you are sure you can fix it yourself. You have fixed the clogging of your toilet yourself with just a plunger. That’s great, but please do not try to fix the leaking sink or a pipe on your own. You never know but it can make matters worse for you. Imagine all the goo and gunk floating in your basement because you tried your hand at plumbing yourself. Frightening right? Here are a few signs which indicate that you need to call in an emergency plumber for a thorough inspection of your plumbing system:
- Have you been facing water pressure issues lately? Like the entire tub is taking too much time to get full or the force of water is not enough to wash out all of the shampoo and conditioner from your head? Oh boy, you have a blockage in the faucet’s aerators. The blockage is stopping the water from flowing out, and that’s why you have low water pressure. You may be tempted to poke around the faucet aerators to remove the blockage somehow and not pay the fee of a plumber, but if you are wise, you will not attempt to fix it on your own. It is true that poking around can temporarily solve the problem for you, but you can end up doing more harm than good. Your poking habits may lead to leaks, and you will end up paying even more money to repair the damage, which is why you need to call in anemergency plumber at a right time.
- If your drain is not clogged, the water should drain out without any problem, but if it is not the case, and you are noticing water gurgling up, you need to call an emergency plumber. Turn the water source off and let the professionals have a look at the issue. Only an emergency plumber can figure out where the problem lies. Is it the clogging or something else?
- Imagine coming back home, stepping into the shower, turning the faucet on, but no water comes out. That would be highly annoying. You will not be able to wash up before going to bed, neither will you be able to drink some water even if you are thirsty. You will have to head out and buy some packaged water bottles to satiate your thirst. The first thing that you will probably think, in this case, is whether you paid the water bills. But if you have paid the water bills and yet you are not getting water, it means there is a blockage or worse a leak somewhere. Since you cannot figure out where the leak is, you again need an emergency plumber to fix your plumbing issues.
- The weird noises you hear at night that coming from your bathroom and are not related to anything paranormal but to your toilet that keeps running due to a damaged seal. This is one of the plumbing issues that you may not notice, until late. If water keeps refilling in the tanks, it also means that you will notice a hike in your water bills. Generally, if you have damaged the seal, it leads to a leak and water keeps flowing in. You cannot repair the seal, you need a new one, and you need a professional to install it.
- If you the water is not hot enough or you are not getting hot water at all, you have a problem which may lie with the water heater or the plumbing system. This is a considerable nuisance during winters when you need hot water for everything because of the below degree temperature outside. It is best to call both the plumber and the HVAC expert to have a look at the problem.
It is not that you cannot fix trivial issues that may come up with your plumbing system; it is just that when it is more complex and severe, it is best to hand it over to the professionals. The entire team of professionals have more skills and experience to handle the critical situation of plumbing and help you out.