Boating is an interesting way to spend time on the water and to enjoy nature at her very best; there are various boats that you can rent, hire, lease or purchase for this very purpose. But you should know that when it comes to boating, there are a few accessories that you definitely need, to better enjoy the whole experience.
Do check out below –
1. Safety: The first thing that you need to check is to see if the boat that you had leased or purchased, has functional life jackets. The law requires every boat to have the following things and in working condition, such as,
- Functional life jackets
- Well outfitted tool repair kit with requisite wrenches, screwdrivers, and more
- VHF as well as advanced radio communications equipment and more
- Spare battery
- Emergency beacon
Functional anchor, tow lines as well as dock lines and more. For more information, you can check ‘boat parts Perth’ as that should provide you with more information on what you need, for your boat trip.
2. GPS system: It is a good idea to ensure that your boat has a valid GPS system that can make it easier for you to determine where exactly you are located and provide you with the required information in case you need to communicate the same to the authorities in case of emergencies. It is not unheard of for boats or ships to develop issues mid cruise, and it is always a good idea to have an exact bearing so that a rescue attempt can be launched on time. And of course, having a GPS system should enable you to navigate the waters with ease, as well.
3. Fish finder: If you love deep sea fishing and would love to head out into deep water, then you would obviously need a fish finder. A high quality fish finder can integrate with your GPS system and provide you with exact locations where you can fish to your heart’s content and more. In addition to a fish finder, you may also want to have a portable jumper box in case of emergencies along with spare drain plug and more. Just check online for ‘marine accessories, Perth’ and that should help list out all the local marine accessories shops that you can approach to get the required accessories.
4. Battery monitoring system: It is essential that your boat features a battery monitoring system. A battery monitoring system, especially a working one, it can provide you with helpful notifications as regards the current status of your battery. There’s nothing worse than being caught mid ocean with a dead battery. And a viable, functional battery monitoring system should enable your boat to function smoothly.
5.Wi-Fi: You can also ensure that your boat is outfitted with the latest Wi-Fi so that you can enjoy the benefits of the same mid voyage. With a valid Wi-Fi connection as well as a range booster for your cellular network, you should be able to enjoy surfing the internet or talking on the mobile with your friends, even when you are in the middle of the Pacific Ocean.
6. Universal hotfoot throttle: If your boat also comes outfitted with an outboard motor, then you can install a universal hotfoot throttle. With this throttle fixed in place, you should now be able to handle your boat with ease. In fact, you should be able to drive it like a car, sans any hassle.
These are some of the accessories that you may want to ensure that your boat is outfitted with. Boating is fun; there is no denying the same. But it also takes tons of practice and hard work on your part to be able to handle a boat or a small yacht with ease. Granted that most of the controls on the central dashboard may all be digitalised now, but you still need to know how to handle the ship/boat/ yacht all on your own.