Disputes in construction can occur due to some of the most basic reasons hence it is a good idea to take necessary precautions. At times it is necessary to take legal assistance for building disputes as well. Legal help can also be sought for issues arising after the construction of the building to uphold the building dispute lawyers in Sydney.
Common Causes with Dispute
Some of the common reasons for disputes to occur include:
- Failure of communication between the concerned people is one of the major causes of a dispute.
- Delay in the work or stoppage of the work can also cause a big dispute.
- When the contract is ambiguous and the builder refuses to work as per the owner’s request it may because of a big dispute.
- Disagreement about the quality or completion of the work can also cause a major issue.
- Bad management on the part of the contractor or failure to understand the requirements can turn ugly as well.
Handling Disputes the Right Way
The best method of handling a dispute is to discuss the issue with the builder and set a time frame to solve it as well. It is important to discuss all the possible solution including the legal option. However, it best to seek advice from a good lawyer prior to threatening legal proceedings.
Conflict Resolution Strategies
It is best to avoid disputes as far as possible to avoid ligation since conflict resolution is not easy. It is possible for one to be prepared with several strategies however; disputes of this kind can turn ugly very fast and often require the help of an expert for strata by laws in Sydney.
Here are several strategies to handle disputes well:
- Respond Quickly: It is always a good idea to respond to a problem in the early stages since the sooner it is resolved the easier it is to manage. If the problem lingers on for too long it tends to get more expensive and becomes time-consuming and results in serious conflicts. The other downfall is it may take a long time and each party may refuse to compromise as well.
- Get to the truth of the matter: It is quite common for construction disputes to have a deeper issue hidden beneath the main issue that comes to light. It is likely that it an open and shut case, but it is also possible that the parties fail to discuss the real issue. Always get to the bottom of the problem and try to discuss the issue and move forward with a solution.
- Clear Communication is important: The process of mediating two parties should work such that both sides get a chance to state their case. Never allow a single party to dictate the resolution, everyone should get their say.
- Keep it professional: Anger is not likely to solve the problem; in fact, it is likely to make things worse. It is also not a good idea to get personal; always keep such issues professional and solve them in a professional manner.
- Consider compromise to some extent: Although working together to solve the issues is the preferred method, at times it is necessary to meet the second party halfway and try to find a solution by compromising in some way.
- Do not take up litigation first: It is a good idea to seek help from building dispute lawyers in Sydney for the preparation of a contract; since they will make sure it consists of a dispute resolution clause. It is possible for each party to follow the guidelines in the contract when a dispute arises. Attorney intervention means it will either need to be a legal settlement or it will be a court matter.
Building disputes can occur due to the smallest of reasons; it is necessary to handle them well. Building dispute lawyers in Sydney can help solve the problem but it is should not be the first option.