Sydney is a vibrant city that is built on the foundation of commerce based on the fact that some of the world’s biggest corporations are based in Sydney.
These corporations essentially require representations and in most case scenarios, this feat is accomplished via a corporate video that is able to project what the company is all about.
In the current day and age, an organisation is often deemed to be only as good as their ‘corporate video’. Due to this it is imperative that the right kind of people be hired to produce a corporate video.
This team should be competent not just technically, but are also creative enough to ensure that the corporate video achieves its objectives.
There are a number of corporate video production Sydney studios and as it is with any other industry, some are simply better than others and different providers will pitch different angles which could leave you confused.
In order to overcome these kinds of scenarios, it would be wise to have a ‘head-up’ on what a corporate video should be all about.
The planning and production of a successful corporate video is anything but easy as corporate videos are all about communicating the corporation’s brand identity and in order to achieve this, these videos should essential communicate clearly what the organisation, the people and its brand is all about.
It should be able to present the unique value proposition the organisation’s product or services in a clear, present and attractive manner that screams at the audience as to why your company is better than your competition.
It is a common practice for corporations around the world (not just in Sydney) to broadcast their corporate videos just about anywhere and everywhere and this includes social media such as Facebook, YouTube or even on store displays and in waiting rooms and hence, corporate videos should be general, but not bland in any way.
Below are some tips that could help you create a corporate video that goes beyond set benchmarks.
- Never do it yourself, hire a professional as a corporate video is closer to movie making than you think. It involves scripts, insight, lighting, logistics, professional editing and mastering that takes years to master.
- Always define the targeted audience and although as mentioned earlier it must be able to cater for the general audience, the corporate video should also be able to target specific audiences especially in large metropolitans such as Sydney.
- Corporate videos come in a variety of forms as they can be from anything about a product launch, an ‘about us’ video, video about the organisation environmental initiatives or even a corporate video on the corporations commitment to stakeholders. Due to this, it is essential for the corporate video to carry a specific message that meets the specific objective of the video itself.
- Ensure that the video has the impact required to make its mark on the target audience as corporate videos should essentially be able to establish an ‘emotional connection’ with the target audience. These videos should be able to carry the story you want to tell about your organisation without having to explain it away.
- Don’t ‘overstuff your corporate video and make it too long or too complicated, being objective and focused is critical to its success.
- Last, but not least, any media initiative should be promoted effectively and promoting the video using the right channels or platforms is also a critical success factor or otherwise it would be akin to selling diamonds at a video store located in Sydney.