First and foremost, let us first start with an otherwise more general preventive maintenance schedule for Giant Tobroco Machines as well as various other compact loaders in general. It is pertinent to note that these are only tips and as such are not all-inclusive guidelines per se. As a matter of fact, it is absolutely imperative to follow the manufacturer’s own particular recommendations as well when it comes to any and all maintenance procedures that may be performed on any specific machines.
The need of the hour is to start with the owner’s manual, but you should understand that the most current information will either be available from the erstwhile dealer such as Delta Equipment or for that matter, the manufacturer’s own website where various updates and technical service bulletins pertaining to your specific models will (almost certainly) be available.
At the end of each particular shift
You should remove all the debris, all the time giving extra special attention to the grille screens, engine bay, and also the radiator cooling screen. Apart from that, you should also carefully check for loose, damaged or any sort of missing parts as well.
Right after the first 50 100 hours
Every 50 hours or so
- Check all of the quick-attach or loader pins
- Check and if needed, service air pre-cleaner (if the machine is equipped with the same)
- Check the tension and the condition of the drive belts (frayed ones should be removed and replaced)
- Lubricate all the zerks, as well as the all of the hinges, pivots, etc.
- Check the fuel and water separator and drain it as and when required
- Check the functionality of all of the lights and indicators
- Check for the leaks in the fuel, hydraulic, cooling, drive and brake systems
Every 100 hours or so
- Thorough and compressive inspection of the whole machine
- Check the restrictions indicator on the air filter and clean the same in case the indicator has tripped
- Check the overall condition of the brake pads and replace them as and when needed
- Check the torque on all of the threaded fasteners
- Check for any sort of chafing and associated pinching on the main wiring harnesses
- Check the condition of all of the hoses in the machine
- Clean the various battery terminals as well
- Check the battery’s electrolyte level, in case it is a non-maintenance free battery that is equipped with removable caps
- Check for play in the brake and the clutch pedals and adjust the same as and when needed
Apart from the above, you can also try spectraoil.com for all of your oil and fuel needs to ensure optimum performance.