All of us know that it is important to go to a doctor for a regular checkup, to make sure that we are healthy. So, the same goes for the cars as well. When a car is created, the manufacturers set out a service schedule for the car to be followed. They believe that the car would keep up with the regular running if it is serviced on the stated parameters reliably and safely. If one is unsure of the type of service that the car needs, then it is best to check out the manufacturer guidebook as it would have all the relevant details contained in it.
About Audi Servicing
Audi is not just any other car. It is a car with special needs and service specifications. To ensure that one gets the Audi serviced properly one must choose an Audi service specialist to get it done. There are certain things that only an Audi service specialist can take care of. Below are the details of the kinds of services for an Audi:
- The Oil and Filter change: The oil and filter change can be the vital parts of a service procedure and is mostly included in all the services. It helps the car to run smoothly and helps to increase the fuel efficiency. All Audi service specialist have a duty to care for their customers to perform a visual safety inspection while they work on the car, even in case if the car is registered in only for a basic oil and filter change. But they cannot be held liable to check the brakes. The brake checks must be booked for it to take place in a time of at least once in a year.
- The Basic or the Interim Service: Each type of service builds upon the previous level. Thus, a basic service would typically have in it an oil and filter change as well as a visual inspection, but there will generally be a topping up of all the major fluids existing in the engine (brake fluid, washer fluid, antifreeze and the steering fluid) along with a check-up of the 35 key components in order to ensure that the car is in its best possible condition. A good Audi service specialist would also check the brakes and the manufacturer guidelines and suggest any additional work that the car might need.
- Major Service: The major service would contain everything that is covered in a basic service and will also contain a change of the spark plugs, a change of the fuel filters as well as some other service/wear parts which are suggested by the manufacturer’s list. This will not include any extra repair or maintenance work.
- The Manufacturer’s service: The manufacturer service will include all the wear, service and the maintenance that a car needs and this kind of service are the most expensive as well as comprehensive service that is available. There is a wide range of checks included in a manufacturer’s service they are:
- Brake fluid check and top up
- Oil and filter check and replacement
- Anti-freeze coolant check and top up
- Full brake check
- Windscreen wash check and top up
- Power steering fluid check and top up
- Shock absorbers check
- Steering check
- Suspension check
- Windscreen wipers check
- Light check
- Wheel alignment check
- Exhaust check
- Charging systems check
- Battery check
- Tire tread and pressure check
- Charging system check