Low Cost Malaysian Guided Tour of Melbourne
Departing from KL in Malaysia
19 to 25 October 2018
Expression of interest to Malaysian citizens wishing to visit Melbourne, Australia for a once off guided tour. Departing KL just after midnight on the 20th, touch down and tour runs from 10am on the 20th of October to the 25th of October 2018.
Some information about Australia and details on the itinerary:
Reasons to travel to Australia
Australia is a very distinctive place. Dubbed as a country down under, it has its own unique attractions. It is a multi-cultural society that is home to 24 million people.
Australia is the nearest western country to Malaysia. Kuala Lumpur to Melbourne is only a 8 hour flight, compared to Kuala Lumpur to London which is a 14 hour flight, if you’re able to get a direct flight.
Australia is a four season country, unlike Malaysia which enjoys a tropical climate. Every season has its own great offerings. Flower festival and outdoor activities during spring. Christmas celebration and water activities during summer. Beautiful scenery during autumn. And snow in some parts of Australia during winter. Keep in mind that all these seasons are the opposite dates from the rest of the world.
The Aussie dollars is getting weaker. It’s still a relatively expensive country to holiday in, but saving a few ringgits out of a meal is still a big deal to me (cheapskate). Hence more ability to shop and enjoy the journey.
My Guided Tour Recommendations
My recommendation to anyone interested in a cheap Melbourne trip is to travel together in a group. Three to five people for six days is adequate. Food can be shared as the portions are big compared to Asian take away food. Ordering three to four meals for a group of five is often more than enough.
Below is my suggested itinerary
Arrive at Kuala Lumpur International Airport around 9:00pm on the 19th, with departure at around 1:30am.
Day 1 (20/10/2018)
• Touch down Melbourne 10am
• Rent a car from Apex Car Rental Melbourne
• Check-in at hostel/hotel/apartment (check-in is usually at 2 pm, most accommodations will store your luggage)
• Sight-seeing around the city such as Eureka Skydeck Tower, Rialto Tower, Hosier Lane (Graffiti Lane) and Royal Botanic Gardens, possibly even a brief look at Melbourne University and the Melbourne Cricket Ground if time permits.
Day 2 (21/10/2018)
• Drive to Puffing Billy (Belgrave Station, 11.8 km or Gembrook Station, 25.6km) to experience the old steam train.
• End your day visiting Brighton Beach to enjoy the beautiful sunset and colourful beach boxes approximately 40.7 km from Puffing Billy (Belgrave Station) or 1-hour drive.
• William Ricketts Sanctuary
• Mount Dandenong
Day 3 (22/10/2018)
• Spring Fling Festival
• Melbourne Star Observation Wheel
• Victoria Harbour
• Etihad Stadium
• Webb Bridge
• DFO South Wharf
• Melbourne Convention Centre
• Seafarer Bridge
• Blok M (dinner)
Day 4 (23/10/2018)
• Journey to Great Ocean Road about .161km or 2 hours 30 mins drive from Melbourne City to GOR Arch. Use M1 Highway from free toll highway.
• The Great Ocean road trip, is a full day road trip. Along the way, you can stop at many places such as Split Point Lighthouse, Apollo Bay, Twelve Apostles and many more.
• Great Ocean Road
• Twelve Apostles
• Loch Ard Gorge
• Gibson Step
• Drive back to Melbourne City
Day 5 (24/10/2018)
• Sightseeing or shopping at Victoria Market (QVM Info) or South Wharf (South Wharf Info)
• Moonlit Wildlife Park
• Flinders Street (souvenir)
• St Kilda Beach
• Luna Park
• Drive to airport 9.30pm
Day 6 (25/10/2018)
• Flight 12.30am
For Malaysians who are interested in joining this trip from 20 to 25 October 2018, email me at email@example.com with the title: I want to join the Melbourne trip.
Price starts at RM3200 inclusive flight, accommodation and transport. Meals not included.
This is not a backpacker’s trip. Recommended for your children & senior citizens.