We are breathing in a world where fitness considered as something which is unparalleled. Whether it is human beings, pets, automobiles or other things, there is a severe demand to stay healthy in the modern era. This is why car services are also called tune-up because it helps in maintenance procedures.
Importance of car services
Here are the three most important reasons why regular car service is necessary:
- Difference between running cars smoothly and risk of breaking down: Regular servicing of the car helps your car to stay good. It helps the car run smoothly. It also keeps it well maintained.
- Increases the car’s life: If you are a student or come from middle-class family, then it certainly is a big deal to purchase your first car. If you do not go for car service regularly, just to save few bucks, then it can cost you heavily.The car would look ill-maintained and then you will give it to scrap, because you won’t be able to cope up with the expenses it will cost in maintenance. That is why regular car servicing holds prominence to reduce cost.
- Mileage stays constant: If you go for car servicing at regular intervals, then as discussed earlier it effects even the minutest aspect of car maintenance in a great way. Regular servicing of the car never lets the mileage and fuel consumption to oddly decrease and increase respectively.
Types of Car services
Car services are broadly categorized into two types:
- Interim Services: This type of car service is designed for high mileage drivers. Interim services are especially for those drivers who cross the bar of 20 thousand miles every year very easily. These drivers who do excessive driving need their car to be serviced twice annually. It is advised to go for an interim car service in every six months. However, these two car services that they go for every year, need not be full car service always.
The oil of the car needs to be changed from time to time and interim car services are just that. However, it is not only about oil change there are many other checks also that are performed in this servicing. Other checks such as leaking hoses, faulty lights, tires pressure etc. are also conducted.
You can contact even the local garage for periodic services for the car:
It is good to note that, every garage can have some or the other approaches. Some car servicing companies emphasize on air conditioning more, some more the brakes and engine stability. If you are not sure about what you need, the only thing that you can do is consult a decent car mechanic who is in your circle. Small changes like checking and changing the oil filter, the spark plug and the engine coolant quality and providing distilled water inside engine- all these small tasks can be performed by the local automobile specialists only. However, for larger issues, and for branded cars like BMW, or Mercedes, you can take your car to a certified specialist only.
- Full Service: Full service is a set of more than 50 action points done to ensure the longevity of the car. It can be said that interim service is a subset of full car service. In full car service, there are additional checks including the checks performed in the interim service. It is considered good to schedule one full car service annually. are car components such as coolant of the air conditioner, gearbox fluid, antifreeze strength, fluids months etc. Besides this, the garage will perform overall health checks.
Therefore, it is important to go for both types of car servicing. Each one is essential and cannot be ignored.